More about Equi-Tape®
The use of Equi-Tape can help your horse become and stay sounder longer. Equi-Tape can increase your horse’s athletic potential by aiding the quality of your horse’s movement through increased joint and muscle flexibility, strength, and recovery. Train harder and recover quicker!
Equi-Tape can be effective in reducing swelling, inflammation, soreness and stiffness. Equi-Tape can be useful for horse’s who exhibit: tense or shortened muscles, joint swelling, ligament/tendon or other soft tissue damage including; trigger points, scar tissue and lymph or fascia related issues. Equi-Tape can also help restore full range of motion.
Overall Benefits of Equi-Taping®
- Increase oxygen supply and circulation
- Reduce fatigue
- Aid in shortening healing and recovery time
- Decrease inflammation, swelling and associated pain
- Aid in toxin removal and increase natural metabolism of by-product build-up to help muscles and joints work more efficiently
- Support joints, tendons and ligaments
- Assist joint and muscle movement encouraging full range of motion making it advantageous for use in training programs
What is the Equi-Taping Method®?
The Equi-Taping Method refers to techniques, protocols, and training behind successful application of tape, which takes into consideration desired goals or outcomes. Below are categories applications fall under.
- Muscle Relaxation Tapings
- Muscle Assist Tapings
- Joint/Tendon/Ligament Tapings
- Circulation Tapings – Fan / Basket Weave
- Fascia Release Tapings
- Localized Decompression / Spot Tapings
- Practitioner Advanced Tapings – Acupuncture, Sensory, biomechanical, etc.
"The success of any taping is directly related to the application chosen, desired physiological goal, and technique used". Dr Beverly Gordon
For Professional Certification Course information Click Here.