All of us at Equi-Tape are continually impressed by the quality of your work with horses. We are honored you have chosen to become an Affiliate Practitioner with Equi-Tape, Inc. Our desire is to work together to continue to educate equestrians about the benefits of Equi-Tape and continue to lead the industry in innovation and excellence in horse care.
Equi-Tape seeks to empower our top practitioners by encouraging and supporting them to build their business network, increase profit margins, and become a valued member of the Equi-Tape team. Affiliate practitioners will receive exclusive discounts on education, have the opportunity to host Equi-Tape sanctioned introductory classes, demos, or clinics, in-person practicums and be featured on our website and social media as an elite practitioner. We will offer you the material and support you need to succeed!
We want to continue to showcase the benefits of Equi-Tape on our marketing and education platforms by sharing content that best represents our company’s values and mission, and mentoring the up-and-coming generation of Equi-Taping practitioners. Affiliate practitioners will be asked to create and send us specific content such as pictures, videos, posts, etc. We will support you if you choose to offer a class or public demo.
We are excited to have you on board! Thank you for helping horses and demonstrating excellence in horse care by including Equi-Tape in your practice.
This webpage will be your hub for information and sharing of information. The chart below will have a short explanations for the forms and valuable information that will help you as you function in the Equi-Tape Team. To move through this page more quickly you can click on the section heading and it will take you to the correlating section on the webpage.
These statements are great to speak to who we are as a company. What we stand for and what we believe.
No form needed
These questions are the most asked on the social media platforms. You can use this section when you help answering questions.
This section will clearly outline the program.
This section focuses on how to create content i.e. pictures, videos and post that are most effective on various marketing and educational platforms
No form needed
This section will show you an example of what we will need for the website
Submit via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Train Harder, Recover Quicker
- Equi-Tape is the first elastic kinesiology tape made for horses constructed of a propriety blend of materials specifically designed with the horse’s anatomy in mind.
- Equi-Taping is a therapeutic modality created by an equine chiropractor to help achieve a variety of physiological benefits for the horse.
- Dr. Gordon developed the Equi-Taping Methodology which is a systematic approach to effective kinesiology taping applications for horses. The Equi-Taping Method includes specific techniques, protocols, and considerations to achieve successful applications and outcomes. Equestrians of all levels can now learn this field tested and systematic approach to achieving beneficial applications for their horses. Our education teaches you how and when to use Equi-Tape in both training and rehabilitation programs. Successful equine elastic kinesiology taping is dependent upon possessing the education to ensure that the assessment, technique, and applications are sound. All education courses associated with Equi-Tape include complete and practical information in easy to understand, yet comprehensive courses.
- Equi-Tape education is designed to equip and empower all equestrians with the knowledge to create effective and safe applications using Equi-Tape that improve the physical wellbeing of their horse.
- We are a horse-first company passionate about innovation and excellence in horse care
- We advocate for a holistic approach to horse care and training.
- We acknowledge the beauty, intelligence and wonder of the horse who is worthy of compassion and respect.
- We believe every horse should be provided with the best nutrition, lifestyle, care, and training.
- We encourage horse owners to take an active role in the daily care and wellbeing of their horses.
- We provide affordable, effective, and practical solutions for the daily care of horses.
- We stand with all healthcare professionals like vets, farriers, chiropractors, bodyworkers, nutritionists who support a holistic and humane approach to horse care.
- We teach equestrians of all levels and disciplines how to use Equi-Tape in care, rehabilitation, and training programs.
- We specialize in empowering healthcare professionals with skills to improve their practice, achieve better results, and distinguish themselves to clients.
- Our education is designed by equestrians for equestrians.
Equi-Tape’s mission is to educate all equestrians and equine healthcare professionals with a scientific modality that is effective and versatile. Our products were specifically designed with the horses’ welfare in mind and works together with the modality to aid in our mission of empowering people so all horses can receive the benefits and live their best life possible!
"Empowering Equestrians, Revolutionizing Horse care, Changing Horses Lives"
(Reference points for Practitioners to be handed out at Demos/Into Classes)
- What is Equi-Tape?
- What is the Equi-Taping Methodology?
Dr. Gordon developed the Equi-Taping Methodology which is a systematic approach to effective kinesiology taping applications for horses. The Equi-Taping Method includes specific techniques, protocols, and considerations to achieve successful applications and outcomes. Equestrians of all levels can now learn this field tested and systematic approach to achieving beneficial applications for their horses. Our education teaches you how and when to use Equi-Tape in both training and rehabilitation programs. Successful equine elastic kinesiology taping is dependent upon possessing the education to ensure that the assessment, technique, and applications are sound. All education courses associated with Equi-Tape include complete and practical information in easy to understand, yet comprehensive courses.
- How does Equi-Tape work?
Equi-Tape works by interacting with the complex anatomy of a horse’s skin and fascia to achieve therapeutic physiological benefits. When tape is applied to the skin using specific techniques and stretch, the recoil in the tape causes three main phenomena to occur; influence of soft tissue, stimulation of nerves and receptors, and support of musculoskeletal structures. The decompression in the skin helps to relieve pressure and pain, increase lymph and blood flow, and accelerate oxygen availability for healing thereby reducing swelling and inflammation.
- What are the benefits?
Equi-Tape is successfully used by equine health care professionals to aid in the rehabilitation of horses for all types of injuries and can support equine athletic potential when included in training programs. Equi-Tape is both consumer friendly and affordable.
- Both affordable and easy to apply
- Water resistant
- Allows full range of motion
- Support for ligaments, tendons, joints, and muscles
- Excellent to help remove swelling and edema
- Non-Invasive and effective
- How is Equi-Tape different from other k-tapes?
Equi-Tape was the first equine elastic kinesiology tape created specifically for use on horses. The material make-up and adhesive are both formulated to work in unison with the strenuous demands the horse needs both in training and rehabilitation. The tape has enough stretch to handle the full range of motion of large animals. The medical-grade adhesive is composed of several layers designed to activate when you introduce heat (from friction). This allows the tape to stay in place for longer periods of time without being uncomfortable for the horse when removed.
- Is there a difference in function between the tape colors?
There is no difference in product specifications based on colors. Colors can be used for future referencing of specific application goals when viewing pictures of applications.
- Are there scientific studies?
There is quite a bit of research with regard to elastic kinesiology tape available online.
- Is it reusable?
No, Equi-Tape is designed for one use applications
- Are there any circumstances where it is not advisable to use tape?
- Why should I use Equi-Tape when the horse is already receiving other modalities such as massage, chiropractic, or laser...?
Equi-Tape can increase the efficacy of other therapeutic modalities. Because the tape can remain on the horse for several days, it extends the therapeutic effect of other modalities. In addition, Equi-Tape can help prevent injuries, support joints, tendon, ligaments and muscles while in work so Equi-Tape can be used both therapeutically and preventively.
- What should I do if my vet is unfamiliar with the use of tape or is skeptical?
If your veterinarian or other healthcare professional is unfamiliar with Equi-Tape, you can educate them on the benefits of using Equi-Tape. You can also direct them the website or give them written literature about Equi-Tape. Equi-tape is always available to answer questions or address any concerns regarding Equi-taping.
- Does it hurt when the tape is removed?
The tape is easily removed and there is no discomfort when removing the tape.
- How long does the application remain on the horse?
Applications can remain in place for several days depending on the specific application and the recommendation of the practitioner.
14. Can I ride with tape on my horse?
Yes, Equi-Tape was designed to move with your horse and is extremely useful when included in training programs.
The Affiliate program is designed to create a team of elite practitioners who will contribute to the progress of the modality by mentoring up-and-coming Equi-Tapers, lecture, build case studies, innovate, teach Introductory courses, host hands on practicums and provide Equi-Tape with marketing material.
- Send or comp tape in exchange for posting of applications, case histories (studies), articles in magazines, press releases, etc.
- Web page dedicated to our practitioners- can highlight what they do, bio, advertise themselves. Free marketing. put SEO on to draw traffic
- Free support for all Equi-Tape concerns, discounts or free registrations for education and modules
- Monthly contact with Equi-Tape via Teams meeting
- By Invitation only
- Free support and marketing on public demos and intro courses
- Post on social media platforms using #Equitape (and others)
- Case studies
- Testimonials from their customers
- Produce articles, press releases related to Equi-Tape
- Likes and Shares on FB and other social media
- Offer demos
- General support of Equi-Taping and the modality (posts, groups etc.)
- Any pictures posted we have permission to use as we see fit
- Check (encouragement) in with Practitioner monthly via email, teams and phone calls
- End of year survey
For content to be usable on Equi-Tape® platforms, please keep these tips in mind to achieve the best quality content, thank you!
- Please send us photos that are in color, unedited, have good lighting, and are high definition. Don’t forget to use portrait settings when appropriate.
- We appreciate photos that capture the moment and showcase a story
- Take photos that show a horse’s personality or the relationship between a horse and a human.
- For still shots of an application, keep in mind the background and lighting
- For action shots, lighting is key
- Think outside of the box! Colorful and eye-catching photos matter!
- Please send unedited videos in color that are clear
- If you are recording audio, make sure there is no background noise
- Take videos that showcase a horse’s response to tape
- Take before and after videos, film yourself evaluating a horse then another clip evaluating the horse after you have applied tape
- If you are interacting with a horse over time, take a series of photos that show case progress. For example, a horse with a swollen leg that you know you will see several times, make sure you take photos every time you see that horse. Ask your clients to take next day photos for you too!
- For interviews, make sure the camera is held steady
- Short videos or a series of clips are best, 5 secs to 1 minute max.
- If you are filming with a smart phone, please hold phone horizontally
Written Testimonials Tips:
- Write an honest review about what you think about Equi-Tape and how you use it on your horses or in your practice. Share your story!
- What would you say to someone who is skeptical?
- Ask your vet or a client for positive feedback or a written review about your work using Equi-Tape, short and sweet is best!
(Insert your own picture here)
(Insert you details here)
Name: Calandra O’Hanlan
Location: Maryland and North East
Specialty: Rehab Consultations and Protocols, Equi-Tape Instructor
Business: SS Tape and Rehab
Social Media: FB and Instagram -
(Add your personal bio here)
Calandra is a life-time horsewoman who has training in multiple disciplines but loves natural horsemanship, dressage, jumping, and trail riding, usually bareback. She is a certified Equi-Tape practitioner and co-owner of SS Tape and Rehab, Equi-Tape’s top performing distributor and education team in the US. Calandra is passionate about donating her skills to rescue horses and hopes to one day run her own rescue of performance horses. She considers herself a “tape-artist” and is constantly pioneering ways to effectively tape difficult cases like DSLD. She loves helping horse owners of all levels better understand horse behavior and health. She has a background in public policy, political communications, advocacy, and has ran for Congress and County Commissioner. Her leadership in marketing, product development, and branding of Equi-Tape on social media has helped equestrians all over the world learn about our life-changing product. She is based out of Colorado but travels with her husband and will be in Las Vegas, Maryland, Virginia, Texas and Florida.
(Insert your testimonial here)
Testimonial: “I teach my clients how to properly use Equi-Tape so they can help their own horses feel better and succeed. I love how I can literally change a horse’s life in 5 minutes with Equi-Tape because it has the power to relieve pain and influence the horse’s parasympathetic nervous system almost instantly. Beyond therapeutic bodywork, Equi-Tape has so many practical uses at the barn. Contact me if you are interested in organizing a private or group class at your facility. Learn an affordable skill you can use indefinitely. Your horses will thank you!” ~Calandra