Learn the Basics of Equi-Taping®
What can you hope to gain from the use of Equi-Tape?
There are two distinct areas of gain that are likely from regular and consistent use of Equi-Tape®.
In training; which for purposes here, is defined as “any use of your horse for any reason whether it be for pleasure, preparation for competition, or competition itself,” Equi-Tape® produces added comfort for your horse and provides you the satisfaction of knowing that you have taken a meaningful step in ensuring comfort, lessening the risk of injury and allowing for faster post-workout recovery benefits.
Rehabilitation; which for purposes here, is defined as “a condition that affects a muscle, a ligament, a joint, a tendon, or tissue, that exhibits all or in part, any of the following; swelling, inflammation, soreness to touch, stiffness, or lack of complete or expected motion.” The lifting decompression principle behind Equi-Taping® involves an increase in activity under the skin, improved blood flow, and impacted pain receptors with the end objective to shorten standard recovery time.
Overall Benefits of Equi-Taping®
There are many benefits to using Equi-Tape®. The applications can help in part to:
- Increase oxygen supply and circulation to an area
- Reduce fatigue
- Aid in shortening the healing time
- Decrease recovery time
- Decrease inflammation, swelling and the associated pain
- Decrease toxin and metabolism by-product build-up to help muscles and joints work more efficiently
- Support joints, tendons and ligaments
- Assist joint and muscle movement encouraging full range of motion making it advantageous for use in training programs
What are some of the methodologies behind Equi-Taping®?
Methodology refers to the methods of applying Equi-Tape® that take into consideration the desired goals or outcomes you are attempting to achieve. These tapings or application methods consist of specific techniques that help achieve the desired objective. Here are some for your early review:
- Muscle Relaxation Tapings
- Muscle Assist Tapings
- Joint/Tendon/Ligament Tapings
- Circulation Tapings – Fan / Basket Weave
- Fascia Release Tapings
- Localized Decompression / Spot Tapings
- Practitioner Advanced Tapings – Acupuncture, Sensory, biomechanical, etc.
The success of any elastic kinesiology taping is directly related to the specific application chosen, desired physiological goal and technique used.
For Professional Certification Course information Click Here.