Learn the Basics of Equi-Taping®
What can you gain from the use of Equi-Tape?
Training: Equi-Tape® produces added comfort for your horse and provides you the satisfaction of knowing that you have taken a meaningful step in ensuring comfort, lessening the risk of injury and allowing for faster post-workout recovery benefits.
Rehabilitation: The lifting decompression principle behind Equi-Taping® involves an increase in activity under the skin, and aids in improving blood flow, and impacting pain receptors with the end objective to shorten standard recovery time. Equi-Tape and be effective in reducing swelling, inflammation, soreness to touch, stiffness, or lack of complete range of motion.
Overall Benefits of Equi-Taping®
- Increase oxygen supply and circulation to an area
- Reduce fatigue
- Aid in shortening the healing time
- Decrease recovery time
- Decrease inflammation, swelling and the associated pain
- Decrease toxin and metabolism by-product build-up to help muscles and joints work more efficiently
- Support joints, tendons and ligaments
- Assist joint and muscle movement encouraging full range of motion making it advantageous for use in training programs
The methodologies behind Equi-Taping®?
Methodology refers to the methods of applying Equi-Tape® and take into consideration the desired goals or outcomes. These application methods consist of specific techniques which help achieve the desired objective.
- Muscle Relaxation Tapings
- Muscle Assist Tapings
- Joint/Tendon/Ligament Tapings
- Circulation Tapings – Fan / Basket Weave
- Fascia Release Tapings
- Localized Decompression / Spot Tapings
- Practitioner Advanced Tapings – Acupuncture, Sensory, biomechanical, etc.